Peer Review Week 2018 – Diversity in Peer Review
2018 is the year of diversity and inclusion in peer review. The goal of Peer Review Week 2018, held 10-15 September 2018, is to raise awareness and explore issues surrounding diversity in peer review and what this means for researchers, for funders, and others concerned with peer review.
How you can join in with Peer Review Week
- Share your views on what peer review means to you in one photo and one sentence using the Twitter hashtags #PeerReviewWeek18 and #PeerRevDiversityInclusion
- Send your contributions and ideas to PRWeek@aaas.org or email@example.com using the subject line ‘Peer Review Week’ and include a brief description of the event or resource you would like featured on the Peer Review Week website
- Researchers, campaigners and thought leaders in peer review were invited to share what peer review means to them: Peer review – reviewed series
- Read up on “The State of the Art of Peer Review” published in FEMS Microbiology Letters
- Check out the Peer Review Week blog series
- Above all, join the debate!
FEMS Microbes is excited to present its latest thematic issue, focusing on bacterial-viral co-infections. Host and microbial factors are critically important for influencing the severity and outcome of infection. Interactions between microbes is an understudied yet important aspect to this process.