The safety and welfare of our attendees and staff is our top priority. Consequently, the FEMS Board has decided to postpone the Summer School until 2022.
FEMS invites teachers of undergraduate and postgraduate level microbiology from across Europe to attend the School. Applicants do not need to belong to a FEMS member society.
Please note that we do accept applications from outside of Europe, but keep in mind that a valid visa for Greece is needed if the applicant is not from a Schengen/EU Country.
Applicants are asked to provide:
- current CV
- a short letter of motivation and identified developmental needs in context of teaching
- an overview of teaching experience so far and their philosophy of teaching
Applicants will be selected based on the merit of their applications in the areas listed below. An additional selection criterion will be to ensure geographical variety, reflecting the FEMS membership base with representation of many European countries and for a cohort that reflects the diversity of the microbiological community.
- evidence of commitment to teaching
- evidence of commitment to personal development
- geographical and diversity context
Up to 5 attendees will receive complimentary registration and support of up to EUR 500 towards travel costs. All applicants will be eligible for this support.
How to submit your application
1) Log in to your FEMS user account. Don’t have one? Create your FREE FEMS user account.
2) Check your email for further instructions to login.
3) Once logged in, click on this link or select the Summer School application form from the ‘Announcements’ section in your user area.
4) Fill in the form and submit. Want to save and come back to finish later? Just hit ‘Save’ at the bottom left corner of the form and you can come back later and continue the application by clicking on ‘My applications’.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you encounter any issues during your application.
Applicants should be submitted by Friday, 25 June 2021 at the latest. Successful applicants will be notified by 9 July 2021.
Contact email@example.com if you have any questions about the application process.
This Thematic Issue from FEMS Yeast Research comprises papers published in the past year by attendees at the ICY15/ICYGMB30 conference. These comprise original articles, reviews and perspective pieces. At the time of the conference ~15 articles have already been published with more in-train. The call for papers has been extended to 30th September for submission of original research papers by an attendee at the conference (presenting or corresponding author). As the yeast community journal, it is appropriate that FEMS Yeast Research is publishing this special issue to mark the first joint congress between these two large (and overlapping) yeast communities.