FEMS National & Regional Congresses Grants
FEMS provides start-up grants to support National or Regional Microbiological Congresses. The start-up grant can be used by organizers in any respect that supports successful organization of the meetings.
Grants range from € 1 000 – € 3 000 depending on the numbers of society members and expected participants at the congress:
- € 1 000 – 50 to 200 participants
- € 2 000 – 200 to 500 participants
- € 3 000 – 500 participants or more
Organizers of congresses should first be informed of the regulations governing the FEMS National / Regional Congresses Grants.
The FEMS Business Office should receive the completed application form on or before 01 December 12.00 CET (for congresses between 01 January and 30 June) or 01 June 12.00 CET (for congresses between 01 July and 31 December).
Upon its receipt at FEMS Business Office, the application is checked for eligibility and completeness. Complete applications are then submitted to the Grants Board, who decides on the grants.
The regulations and application forms are available electronically:
- National/Regional Congresses Grants Regulations
- National/Regional Congresses Start-Up Grant Application Form in PDF
- National/Regional Congresses Start-Up Grant Application Form in Word
To apply, follow the link to the online grant application system