We thank and acknowledge the following volunteers for the work they have done so far in 2016 in support of various business and science communication projects:
- Tomasz Benedyk based in Finland
- Roger Junges based in Norway
- José Jesús Gallego Parrilla based in The Netherlands Amsterdam
- Mehad Omer based in Italy
- Corrado Nai based in Germany
- Alem Mujkanovi based in Bosnia and Herzegovina
Mycobacteria show a high degree of intrinsic resistance to most antibiotics and chemotherapeutic agents. The low permeability of the mycobacterial cell wall, with its unusual structure, is now known to be a major factor in this resistance.