14th European Conference on Fungal Genetics: 25-28 February 2018, Israel
The 14th European Conference on Fungal Genetics (ECFG14) will take place on 25-28 February 2018 in Haifa, Israel. The unifying theme of the conference is fungal genetics, linking cell signaling and dynamics, gene expression, genome sequence and structure, interactions with hosts and symbiotic partners, molecular evolution, ecology, and environmental and applied mycology.
Satellite workshops will add fields of interest including, but not limited to, specific organisms, and immediate agricultural or medical issues. The key topics to be discussed at the conference will be:
- Development and cell biology
- Plant-fungal interactions
- Physiology and metabolism
- Applied and industrial mycology
- Fungal-human interactions
- Fungi in the environment
- Symbiosis & endophytes
- Genomes, chromosomes & epigenetics
- Evolution & taxonomy
- Cell regulation & signaling
- Synthetic biology and secondary metabolites
- Antifungals and fungicides
Haifa has a mild Mediterranean climate with rain still possible in late February, alternating with bright warm days. The city is a gateway for visits to the Galilee, with Tel Aviv and Jerusalem, as well as southern areas, within easy reach.
The deadline for early registration fees and abstract submission is 17 October 2017.