The first issue of our first journal FEMS Microbiology Letters was published in January 1977. Since then, we have founded several other renowned microbiology journals and today we publish a portfolio of 7 journals with our not-for-profit publisher Oxford University Press.
The journals focus on fair and thorough peer review by experts in the field, and rapid publication of research articles which cover general microbiology and several subfields of microbiology:
- FEMS Microbiology Ecology – Your natural research habitat
- FEMS Microbiology Letters – Promoting new ideas
- FEMS Microbiology Reviews – Outstanding reviews from leading experts
- Pathogens and Disease – Next generation host-pathogen research
- FEMS Yeast Research – The yeast community journal
- FEMS Microbes – Open science towards a sustainable world
- microLife – The journal of the FEMS European Academy of Microbiology
We are committed to publishing high-quality scientific research that is accessible and more easily shared across borders. As a not-for-profit organization, we use the income from our journals to fund our charitable activities and support our community – in particular Early Career Scientists. We sponsor a range of events, provide grants to hundreds of scientists every year, and present several prestigious awards.
The FEMS Journals Portal is the online gateway to content from across the five FEMS journals. It also contains information on the editorial boards, and provides access to our virtual special issues and other themed article collections.
Via this portal, you can sign up for Table of Contents alerts, submit an article and read our author guidelines.