COVID-19 update: as an increasing number of conferences, society meetings and congresses are moving into online events, FEMS has opened the Meeting Organizer Grants (MOG) to support both virtual and in-person meetings.
Members of FEMS Member Societies can apply for grants for research and training, or for support when organizing or attending a meeting – including our Member Societies’ national and regional congresses. Every year we support meeting organizers and early career researchers and enable experts to share ideas and promote excellence in science. You do not need to be a member of a FEMS Member Society to apply for a Congress Attendance Grant.
Our definition of fields that grants can apply to includes microbiology research, education, policy, business and scientific communication. Further information about the grant opportunities we provide, including application deadlines, can be found on the following pages:
- Ukraine Support Grant
- Research and Training Grant
- Industry Placement Grants
- Meeting Organizer Grant
- Meeting Attendance Grant
- Congress Attendance Grant
APPLY FOR A GRANT
All applications can be made online via the new Grants submission system as part of myFEMS.
- In order to apply, you need a FEMS profile/account. Please create an account here or login with your credentials here.
- Once logged in to your FEMS profile, you can access the application forms for our Grants via this link.
You can also find the application forms in your FEMS profile at anytime:
- login to your FEMS profile
- then under ‘Announcements’ click on the ‘Apply for a FEMS Grant’
- select the grant you wish to apply for
- fill in the form, save your progress and come back to and once you are ready – Submit
When applying for a FEMS Grant, please see the Grants Regulations. During the application process, we will ask you to complete and upload supporting documents. You can find all of these templates in the table below.
|RESEARCH & TRAINING||meeting organizer||Meeting attendance||Industry placement||FEMS Congress ATTENDANCE|
|Supervisor Endorsement||Budget||Supervisor Endorsement||Endorsement Form||Supervisor Endorsement|
We are proud to announce the publication of the Joint Thematic Issue on EU-Funded Yeast Biotechnology Projects. This is a collaboration between two of our Journals, FEMS Microbiology Letters and FEMS Yeast Research and features articles from biotechnology projects funded by the European Union Horizon 2020 (H2020) programme.