Congress and Events
Our vision for events is to:
- preserve scientific excellence and trust
- diversify, improve and extend networking opportunities
- provide a platform for established researchers, students and other parties to discuss and exchange knowledge
- improve links with professional development
- improve the offer for sponsors and exhibitors
- combine the trans-disciplinary advantages of a large congress with the disciplinary detail and networking atmosphere of a small specialist conference
- improve opportunities and benefits for our Member Societies
Our focus is on promoting and connecting scientific excellence, facilitating diversity, and building momentum for public outreach, education, and communications projects. This involves developing relationships across all disciplines relating to microbiology and across all sectors – academic, policy, business, educational, communications and recreational – and helping to put the right people “in the same room”.
We run several events each year that bring scientists together from across the world:
FEMS2023: the 10th Congress of European Microbiologists – 9-13 July 2023 in Hamburg, Germany
We were delighted to host the 10th Congress of European Microbiologists (FEMS2023) in Hamburg (Germany) from 9-13 July 2023. This event was dedicated to showcasing the latest developments in microbiology and connected microbiologists from all over the world. To keep up to date with our future events subscribe to our Events newsletter here.
The official hashtag for this event was #FEMS2023.
The FEMS Summer School for Postdocs, 4-11 September 2023 in Split, Croatia
Hosted by the Mediterranean Institute for Life Sciences (MedILS), this Summer School presents a unique opportunity for early career researchers to receive instruction and supervision from prominent academics, collaborate and network with fellow researchers from an international range of countries. This is a chance and to discuss their own work, as well as wider aspects of being a scientist. #FSSfP
FEMS2025: the 11th Congress of European Microbiologists – 13-16 July 2025 in Milan, Italy
Save the date for FEMS2025!
The official hashtag for this event is #FEMS2025.
FEMS Microbes is excited to present its latest thematic issue, focusing on bacterial-viral co-infections. Host and microbial factors are critically important for influencing the severity and outcome of infection. Interactions between microbes is an understudied yet important aspect to this process.