FEMS Ambassadors share our work and vision with microbiologists in their countries. Ambassadors use their contacts, communication skills and enthusiasm, supported by us to highlight the activities of FEMS and encourage collaborations and participation in these activities.
Ambassadors help us promote our mission, vision, and activities of spreading microbiology knowledge, and connecting microbiologists and microbiological societies for benefit of humankind.
- Prof. Ken-ichi Yoshida, FEMS Ambassador for Japan. Department of Science, Technology and Innovation, Graduate School of Science, Technology and Innovation, Kobe University (Japan)
- Prof. Lixin Zhang, FEMS Ambassador for China. State Key Laboratory of Bioreactor Engineering, School of Biotechnology, East China University of Science and Technology (China) & Institute of Microbiology, CAS Chinese Academy of Sciences (China)
- Prof. Sang-Ki Rhee, FEMS Ambassador for South Korea. Department of Pharmaceutical Engineering, Soon Chun Hyang University (South Korea) & Vice President of the International Union of Microbiological Societies (IUMS).
- Prof. Linda J. Kenney, FEMS Ambassador for the USA and Singapore. Mechanobiology Institute, National University of Singapore (Singapore) & Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas (USA)
- Prof. Nicole Webster, FEMS Ambassador for Australia and Oceania. Australian Institute of Marine Science & Australian Centre for Ecogenomics, University of of Queensland (Australia)
- Prof. Vivien Measday, FEMS Ambassador for Canada. Wine Research Centre, Faculty of Land and Food Systems, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, B.C. (Canada)
- Resources: Q&A about FEMS
- Interview: Meet Vivien Measday the FEMS Ambassador for Canada (11/2020)
- News: Announcing Two New Ambassadors from Australia & Canada: Nicole Webster and Vivien Measday (10/2020)
- Interview: Meet Prof. Ken-Ichi Yoshida, the first FEMS Ambassador for Japan (11/2019)
- Interview: Meet Prof. Linda J Kenney, the first FEMS Ambassador for the USA and Singapore (11/2019)
- News: A new FEMS Ambassador for the USA & Singapore: Prof. Linda J Kenney (09/2019)
- News: Introducing Three New International FEMS Ambassadors for China, Japan and South Korea (02/2019)
This Thematic Issue from FEMS Yeast Research comprises papers published in the past year by attendees at the ICY15/ICYGMB30 conference. These comprise original articles, reviews and perspective pieces. At the time of the conference ~15 articles have already been published with more in-train. The call for papers has been extended to 30th September for submission of original research papers by an attendee at the conference (presenting or corresponding author). As the yeast community journal, it is appropriate that FEMS Yeast Research is publishing this special issue to mark the first joint congress between these two large (and overlapping) yeast communities.