FEMS Ambassadors share our work and vision with microbiologists in their countries. Ambassadors use their contacts, communication skills and enthusiasm, supported by us to highlight the activities of FEMS and encourage collaborations and participation in these activities.
Ambassadors help us promote our mission, vision, and activities of spreading microbiology knowledge, and connecting microbiologists and microbiological societies for benefit of humankind.
- Prof. Ken-ichi Yoshida, FEMS Ambassador for Japan. Department of Science, Technology and Innovation, Graduate School of Science, Technology and Innovation, Kobe University (Japan)
- Prof. Lixin Zhang, FEMS Ambassador for China. State Key Laboratory of Bioreactor Engineering, School of Biotechnology, East China University of Science and Technology (China) & Institute of Microbiology, CAS Chinese Academy of Sciences (China)
- Prof. Jung-Hye Roe, FEMS Ambassador for South Korea. School of Biological Sciences, Seoul National University (Korea)
- Prof. Linda J. Kenney, FEMS Ambassador for the USA and Singapore. Mechanobiology Institute, National University of Singapore (Singapore) & Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas (USA)
- Prof. Nicole Webster, FEMS Ambassador for Australia and Oceania. Australian Arctic Division, Hobart (Australia)
- Prof. Vivien Measday, FEMS Ambassador for Canada. Wine Research Centre, Faculty of Land and Food Systems, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, B.C. (Canada)
- Prof. Rup Lal, FEMS Ambassador for India. The Energy and Resources Institute, New Delhi (India)
- Prof. Rosane Schwan, FEMS Ambassador for Brazil. Department of Biology, Federal University of Lavras (Brazil)
- Prof. Sang-Ki Rhee, FEMS Ambassador for South Korea. Department of Pharmaceutical Engineering, Soon Chun Hyang University (South Korea) & Vice President of the International Union of Microbiological Societies (IUMS).
- Resources: Q&A about FEMS
- News: Announcing Three New Ambassadors from South Korea, India and Brazil: Jung-Hye Roe, Rup Lal and Rosane Schwan (02/2022)
- Interview: Meet Vivien Measday the FEMS Ambassador for Canada (11/2020)
- News: Announcing Two New Ambassadors from Australia & Canada: Nicole Webster and Vivien Measday (10/2020)
- Interview: Meet Prof. Ken-Ichi Yoshida, the first FEMS Ambassador for Japan (11/2019)
- Interview: Meet Prof. Linda J Kenney, the first FEMS Ambassador for the USA and Singapore (11/2019)
- News: A new FEMS Ambassador for the USA & Singapore: Prof. Linda J Kenney (09/2019)
- News: Introducing Three New International FEMS Ambassadors for China, Japan and South Korea (02/2019)
We are proud to announce the publication of the Joint Thematic Issue on EU-Funded Yeast Biotechnology Projects. This is a collaboration between two of our Journals, FEMS Microbiology Letters and FEMS Yeast Research and features articles from biotechnology projects funded by the European Union Horizon 2020 (H2020) programme.