FEMS Ambassadors share our work and vision with microbiologists in their countries. Ambassadors use their contacts, communication skills and enthusiasm, supported by us to highlight the activities of FEMS and encourage collaborations and participation in these activities.
Ambassadors help us promote our mission, vision, and activities of spreading microbiology knowledge, and connecting microbiologists and microbiological societies for benefit of humankind.
- Prof. Ken-ichi Yoshida, FEMS Ambassador for Japan. Department of Science, Technology and Innovation, Graduate School of Science, Technology and Innovation, Kobe University (Japan)
- Prof. Lixin Zhang, FEMS Ambassador for China. State Key Laboratory of Bioreactor Engineering, School of Biotechnology, East China University of Science and Technology (China) & Institute of Microbiology, CAS Chinese Academy of Sciences (China)
- Prof. Sang-Ki Rhee, FEMS Ambassador for South Korea. Department of Pharmaceutical Engineering, Soon Chun Hyang University (South Korea) & Vice President of the International Union of Microbiological Societies (IUMS).
- Prof. Linda J. Kenney, FEMS Ambassador for the USA and Singapore. Mechanobiology Institute, National University of Singapore (Singapore) & Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas (USA)
- Prof. Nicole Webster, FEMS Ambassador for Australia and Oceania. Australian Institute of Marine Science & Australian Centre for Ecogenomics, University of of Queensland (Australia)
- Prof. Vivien Measday, FEMS Ambassador for Canada. Wine Research Centre, Faculty of Land and Food Systems, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, B.C. (Canada)
- Resources: Q&A about FEMS
- Interview: Meet Vivien Measday the FEMS Ambassador for Canada (11/2020)
- News: Announcing Two New Ambassadors from Australia & Canada: Nicole Webster and Vivien Measday (10/2020)
- Interview: Meet Prof. Ken-Ichi Yoshida, the first FEMS Ambassador for Japan (11/2019)
- Interview: Meet Prof. Linda J Kenney, the first FEMS Ambassador for the USA and Singapore (11/2019)
- News: A new FEMS Ambassador for the USA & Singapore: Prof. Linda J Kenney (09/2019)
- News: Introducing Three New International FEMS Ambassadors for China, Japan and South Korea (02/2019)
Lactic Acid Bacteria (Lactobacillales) are an order of diverse bacteria that play a vital role in food production and fermentation, probiotic products, and could even help with the administration of vaccines. From gut health to applications of CRISPR-Cas systems, this Thematic Issue of FEMS Microbiology Reviews presents a series of papers showcasing the cutting-edge research that is being conducted in this important and developing field.