FEMS Ambassadors share our work and vision with microbiologists in their countries. Ambassadors use their contacts, communication skills and enthusiasm, supported by us to highlight the activities of FEMS and encourage collaborations and participation in these activities.
Ambassadors help us promote our mission, vision, and activities of spreading microbiology knowledge, and connecting microbiologists and microbiological societies for benefit of humankind.
- Prof. Ken-ichi Yoshida, FEMS Ambassador for Japan. Department of Science, Technology and Innovation, Graduate School of Science, Technology and Innovation, Kobe University (Japan)
- Prof. Lixin Zhang, FEMS Ambassador for China. State Key Laboratory of Bioreactor Engineering, School of Biotechnology, East China University of Science and Technology (China) & Institute of Microbiology, CAS Chinese Academy of Sciences (China)
- Prof. Jung-Hye Roe, FEMS Ambassador for South Korea. School of Biological Sciences, Seoul National University (Korea)
- Prof. Linda J. Kenney, FEMS Ambassador for the USA and Singapore. Mechanobiology Institute, National University of Singapore (Singapore) & Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas (USA)
- Prof. Nicole Webster, FEMS Ambassador for Australia and Oceania. Australian Arctic Division, Hobart (Australia)
- Prof. Vivien Measday, FEMS Ambassador for Canada. Wine Research Centre, Faculty of Land and Food Systems, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, B.C. (Canada)
- Prof. Sang-Ki Rhee, FEMS Ambassador for South Korea. Department of Pharmaceutical Engineering, Soon Chun Hyang University (South Korea) & Vice President of the International Union of Microbiological Societies (IUMS).
- Resources: Q&A about FEMS
- Interview: Meet Vivien Measday the FEMS Ambassador for Canada (11/2020)
- News: Announcing Two New Ambassadors from Australia & Canada: Nicole Webster and Vivien Measday (10/2020)
- Interview: Meet Prof. Ken-Ichi Yoshida, the first FEMS Ambassador for Japan (11/2019)
- Interview: Meet Prof. Linda J Kenney, the first FEMS Ambassador for the USA and Singapore (11/2019)
- News: A new FEMS Ambassador for the USA & Singapore: Prof. Linda J Kenney (09/2019)
- News: Introducing Three New International FEMS Ambassadors for China, Japan and South Korea (02/2019)
We are proud to announce the publication of the first Thematic Issue of papers from microLife. This Thematic Issue titled Extracellular Vesicles features one research article and five short review articles. From exploring outer membrane vesicles as modulators of the innate immune response, to studying fungal extracellular vesicles, this collection brings together the latest high-quality research.