16th Symposium on Aquatic Microbial Ecology
After a fantastic SAME15 in Zagreb, let’s bring our science to Potsdam, Germany from September 1-6, 2019. Bring your groups and colleagues from around the globe!
Abstract submission until May 31, 2019.
The theme of SAME16 “From Boat to Bench” will cover the topics of:
- Microbial interactions (Protozoa/Fungi, Phytoplankton, Virus/Bacteria)
- Aquatic Interphases (water atmosphere, surface microlayer (SML), microlayers, clines, sediment water, land water, groundwater etc.)
- Modelling (Food web, ecological models)
- Biogeochemistry (revisiting old paradigms, mechanistic approaches, water column/sediments, environmental change)
- Frontiers/New Horizons (new research topics, interdisciplinary microbial ecology, emerging topics)
Confirmed Keynote Speakers (click names for personal webpages):
- Mary Ann Moran
- Shinichi Sunagawa
- Thomas Posch
- Oded Beja
- Colin Murrell
- Christian Griebler
- Elisa Thebault
- Bo Barker Jørgensen
- Jana Milucka
- Ruben Sommaruga
- Maiko Kagami
- Amelia-Elena Rotaru
You can book your place at the early bird rate until March 31, 2019.
Note that the costs include not only access to scientific presentations, certificate of attendance and conference bag, but also welcome reception, gala dinner, lunch, the catering in the coffee breaks and childcare.
Looking forward to seeing you!
Please spread the word.
The MIBI-Organizing Committee