Acinetobacter 2019: 4-6 September 2019, Germany
The 12th International Symposium on the Biology of Acinetobacter 2019 will be held on 4-6 September 2019 in Frankfurt, Germany.
The International Symposium on the Biology of Acinetobacter brings together medical and non-medical microbiologists as well as clinicians from all over the world to discuss the recent advances in Acinetobacter research, exchange new ideas and develop new relationships. An important focus is to promote students and young scientists to discuss their data and exchange knowledge.
The symposium will cover topics on various aspects of Acinetobacter. The genus Acinetobacter constitutes a heterogeneous group of bacteria widespread in nature and is known for its broad metabolic potential. Acinetobacter has been in the focus of many studies addressing fundamental biological questions as well as its virulence potential.
Topics for this symposium include but are not limited to :
- population genetics, evolution and comparative genomics
- insights into Acinetobacter baumannii virulence and pathogenicity
- emergence and genetics of antibiotic resistance
- metabolism and Regulation
- adaptation and persistence
- global and local epidemiology of Acinetobacter
- genetics and regulation of Infection
- new therapeutic approaches
Registration starts on 15 January 2019.