Assistant - Biotechnology: Belgium
Ghent University is looking for an Assistant in Biotechnology.
At least 50% of your assignment will be spent on academic research in preparation of a doctoral dissertation in the research areas Plant Biotechnology and Glycobiology.
You will assist in the teaching activities at the department, specifically the following courses ‘biochemie’, ‘cellulaire en moleculaire biologie’, ‘gentechnologie en moleculaire diagnostiek’, ‘protein chemistry’, ‘analytical biochemistry’. You will assist in the internal and external services of the department.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- You hold a degree of Master in Bioscience Engineering, Master of Science in Biochemical Engineering Technology, or an equivalent diploma. For diplomas awarded outside the European Union, a certificate of equivalence (NARIC) must be submitted. The degree requirements need to be fulfilled at the start of your appointment. Students that will obtain the Master degree in June-July can also apply for this position.
- You have a proven track record in biotechnology.
- You are interested in academic and/or project-based research and services.
- Any teaching experience or participation in extra training, conferences, etc. is recommended.
- You have excellent teaching and communication skills.
- You speak Dutch up to a sufficient level to teach in this language.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
We offer you a two-year appointment, which may be renewed twice for two years, on condition that the previous term was given a positive evaluation. Attention: If you have been previously appointed as a junior assistant or doctoral fellow at a university within the Flemish Community, this appointment will be deducted from the maximum term of appointment, which is six years at the most according to the Codex of Higher Education.
Your appointment will start on 1 August 2019 at the earliest.
Your remuneration will be determined according to salary scale AAP3. More information about our salary scales.
All Ghent University staff members enjoy a number of benefits, such as a wide range of training and education opportunities, 38 days of paid leave, bicycle commuting reimbursement, ecocheques, etc. A complete overview of all our fringe benefits (in Dutch).