Assistant Professor in Molecular Microbiology: The Netherlands
We invite in particular candidates who study bacterial-fungal interactions or fungal human pathogens to complement the research that is currently being performed within the Molecular Microbiology group. You are also able to make a connection to research done elsewhere in the Institute, Department, Faculty, or University and seek funding for new research projects through personal, national, European, and other international grant opportunities. In addition, you will participate in teaching general and specialized microbiology courses at both the BSc and MSc levels and supervise bachelor and master research projects. Lastly, you are ambitious about performing outreach activities and participation in committees of the department or faculty.
The position is divided into 60% research and 40% teaching activities.
Our ideal candidate is collaborative, is able to think critically and creatively, is organized and efficient, and has:
- a PhD in Microbiology or a related field;
- experience in publishing impactful science;
- experience in acquiring external funding;
- expertise in bioinformatics and/or biostatistics (considered an advantage);
- demonstrable affinity for teaching. Experience with innovation in education is recommended;
- excellent English proficiency and is willing to learn Dutch if applicable;
- the capacity to develop leadership skills.
How to apply
Apply visit the online application. You will need a letter of motivation, CV, a concise research plan, teaching statement and contact details of three referees. Application deadline is the 28th February 2021.