Bioinformatician or Post-Doctoral Research Associate in genomics: Switzerland
The University of Bern, Switzerland is looking for a bioinformatician or a postdoctoral research associate to join a multicultural and dynamic research group at the Institute of Infectious Diseases (IFID).
- The major focus of the Hilty group is the molecular characterization of microbial communities (microbiota) in health and respiratory disease.
- Your responsibilities as a Bioinformatician (80-100%) will include working on (meta)genomic pipelines to take the microbiome research beyond 16S rRNA sequencing. In more detail, to achieve bacteria strain-level resolution.
- In addition, the candidate will be co-responsible for the whole genome sequencing of S.pneumoniae for more rapid identification of serotypes and antibiotic resistance.
- The candidate will be a key figure for assuring the high impact of our omics research and will also help supervising PhD and MSc students.
- PhD degree in life science or equivalent. Exceptional candidates without a PhD may also apply.
- Strong background in programming (R, perl etc.)
- Strong interest and skills in omics technologies. Ideally with a background in bacteriology / microbiology.
- Excellent English language skills (oral and written).
- Please send by email a cover letter, CV, copies of grades and contact information of at least two referees.
- Please combine these materials into a single PDF file.
Markus Hilty, ifik, University of Bern, Friedbühlstrasse 51, CH-3010 Bern, Switzerland (firstname.lastname@example.org)