Biomedical Scientist in Microbiology: UK
Nuffield Health offers a position of a Biomedical Scientist – Microbiology in Leamington Spa, UK. The Pathology team will appreciate your ‘can do’ attitude as you deliver quality pathology services. You’ll enjoy a varied range of responsibilities – from performing biomedical diagnostic testing, interpretation and reporting, through to quality control and keeping records of specimens, results, reagents and consumables. What’s more, you’ll help us to validate and assess new equipment and develop new diagnostic procedures, as part of our on-going quest to deliver the very best experience possible for patients.
- Registered with the HPC as a biomedical scientist or equivalent with 3- 5 years of experience.
- Experience in Virology will be desirable
- Qualification applicable to the HPC registration requirements
- To perform diagnostic testing, interpretation and reporting in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- To inform senior staff of any unusual results identified.
- To perform defined quality control procedures and monitor their effectiveness, advising senior staff of any issues.
- Maintain accurate and timely records of all specimens received and results obtained.
- Maintain records of reagents and consumables and inform senior staff of any issues.
- Maintain clean and disinfected working areas and equipment.
- Carry out daily maintenance of equipment in accordance with standard operating procedures and inform senior staff of any issues.
- Effectively contributes to the monitoring and maintenance of equipment.
- Effectively appraises methods, practices, products and equipment developed by others.
- Provides input, as required, to the review, update and implementation of standard operating procedures.
- Participates in the department’s annual objective setting and performance review process.
- Assist senior staff to supervise and train less qualified staff – work scheduling/rotas, induction development and training, ensuring work is carried out to deadlines and within agreed working practises and procedures.
- Assist with the production and analysis of statistics.
- Participates in the work rota for the department.
- Assists with laboratory audits in accordance with the departmental quality management strategy.
- Appropriate laboratory experience gained through structured formal training required to meet registration requirements.
- Reacts positively and constructively to meet customer requirements.
- Proactively commits to developing own personal skills, knowledge and behaviours, and supports others in their development.
- Communicates appropriately and effectively in order to inform, educate or influence people in relation to difficult situations.
- Effectively processes and provides data/information.
- Respects and supports colleagues in own and other departments.
- Ensures own work meets the requited standards, encourages the same in others and proactively identifies improvement opportunities.
Share this opportunity