Engineering internship in Microbiology Laboratory, Denmark
Novo Nordisk is looking for an intern to join the high performing Diabetes Finished Products (DFP) Microbiological Quality Control Laboratory in Bagsværd, Denmark. The main focus of the department is on performing microbiological analysis, and to be able to release our products to market. They are responsible for the microbiological analysis for marketed diabetes products as well as stability on the marketed products produced in DFP Denmark. The successful applicants will be part of the Support team, which consists of 5 academics and 7 laboratory technicians. The teams prime task is to ensure the department’s analysis, equipment and IT systems at all times are performing and are in compliance with current regulations.
- Implementing a number of laboratory equipment, including incubators, laminar air flow units, and refrigerators. Implementation includes installation, operational and, when necessary, performance qualification. Temperature mapping will be a major part of the qualification and all aspects is to be handles by you and the other successful applicants.
- The position also requires coordination and project planning, as a number of key internal as well as external stakeholders must be coordinated.
- Internship period: 6 months (20 weeks, excluding holidays)
- Working hours: 37 hours a week
- Start date: 1 September 2018
- Internships are remunerated, if your educational track allows
- A Danish full time work permit is required
- Interns with a passion for both hands-on work and preparing documentation according to Good Manufacturing
- You are currently studying for your bachelor of engineering degree in chemistry, chemical and biochemical engineering, health services, food safety, production or similar relevant fields.
- You already have general knowledge about key methodologies related to laboratory testing (statistical data analysis, calibration of equipment, keeping laboratory journal, etc.).
- You master both English and Danish, verbally as well as in writing, and you possess the skills to handle and coordinate a large volume of tasks (with necessary supervision) and above all the sound personal judgement to make wise decisions.
- As a person you are outgoing with a strong personal drive and dedication.
- Your strong interpersonal skills assist you in creating trustful relations across professions, and you bring a healthy sense of humour to your work even when the pressure is on.
- You are service minded, you thrive in a busy environment and you are great at focusing on solutions and opportunities.
For further information, please contact Jacob Seneca Nielsen at +45 3077 5918 or Morten Elkrog Pedersen at +45 3075 6809.
Please note that applications will be reviewed continuously and interviews will be planned as soon as a suitable candidate is identified.