Genomic Epidemiology of Malaria conference: 11-13 June 2018, UK
The 7th Genomic Epidemiology of Malaria conference will be held on 11-13 June 2018 at the Wellcome Genome Campus in Hinxton, UK.
The elimination of malaria is one of the greatest challenges facing modern medical science, and is hindered by growing levels of drug and insecticide resistance and the lack of an effective vaccine. This multidisciplinary meeting provides a forum for malaria scientists and clinicians focused on understanding the clinical and biological consequences of genome variation in malaria-exposed populations. The conference will bring researchers from across the globe working on various aspects of human, parasite and mosquito genetics together to focus on how new biological insights can be used to control malaria.
- Genomic methods of control
- Translational genomics: data, policy & elimination
- Understanding population structure & transmission biology
- Host-parasite interactions: biological insights
- Drug resistance & vaccination
- Early Bird Discount: 20 March 2018
- Bursary Deadline: 3 April 2018
- Abstract Deadline: 17 April 2018
- Registration Deadline: 15 May 2018