Junior Group Leader / Fellow in Microbiology
The VIB-KU Leuven Center for Microbiology is interested in recruiting a Junior group leader/research fellow specialized in any microbiology-related field; including but not limited to synthetic microbiology, systems microbiology, microbiomes, microbial pathogens, virology, bacteriology, antibiotics, computational (micro)biology and applied microbiology. The successful candidates will be appointed as VIB- KU Leuven Group leader and in this capacity can be appointed as research professor (tenure-track or tenure) at the KU Leuven, one of the oldest and most prominent universities in Europe.
Profile of the Candidate
- a Ph.D
- At least 3 years of experience as a postdoctoral researcher or as junior faculty member
- published at least 5 papers in leading journals of the field (typically IF>10)
- a successful track record in fund raising is a plus but not required
- an ongoing ERC grant or filed ERC application is a plus but not required
- teaching experience at an academic level is also a plus but not required
How to apply?
Please Apply Online And Upload To Your Application
- a list of your 5 most important achievements in the past 5 years (specific publications, patents, research, valorization or outreach initiatives,…)
- a two- page statement of your research interests and research goals, including 2-3 main research topics for the coming 5 years.
- full CV with list of publications
- contact details of 3 referees
Fore more information please contact Kevin Verstrepen, Science director Center for Microbiology.