Junior Scientific Officer in Microbiology/Epidemiology: Italy
The European Food Safety Authority (EFSA), based in Parma, Italy is looking for a looking for a motivated and talented scientist who will contribute to the work of EFSA through scientific expertise related primarily to foodborne zoonoses, foodborne outbreaks and molecular typing. The selected scientist could also be asked to contribute to the work in the area of food hygiene and antimicrobial resistance.
- Contribute to the coordination of activities related to the assessment of foodborne outbreaks;
- Contribute to the coordination of mandates/procurement activities related to foodborne zoonoses, including antimicrobial resistance and molecular typing (including e.g. state of the art methods such as whole genome sequencing);
- Contribute to the coordination of mandates/procurement activities related to food microbiology and food hygiene;
- Scientific coordination of Working Groups in the remit of the BIOCONTAM Unit or other Units, dealing with the areas mentioned above;
- Contribute to the preparation of scientific working documents;
- Contribute to the drafting of scientific and technical outputs in relation to the relevant areas;
- Organise and evaluate scientific information and data;
- Monitor of general scientific and regulatory developments related to the work of the involved Units;
- Internal communication: contribute to EFSA’s horizontal activities and support other departments on matters related to microbiology and epidemiology;
- External communication: liaison with European Commission, ECDC and Member States.
- Be national of a Member State of the European Union, Iceland or Norway;
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by laws concerning military service;
- Be physically fit to perform the duties linked to the post;
- Have a thorough knowledge of one of the EU official languages and a satisfactory knowledge of another EU language;
- Meet the character requirements for the duties involved.
- A level of education which corresponds to completed university studies of at least three years attested by a diploma in one of the following fields: agronomy, biotechnology, biology, biochemistry, chemistry, ecology, environmental science, food science and technology, human medicine, life sciences, public health, toxicology, veterinary medicine or related areas.
- In addition to the above, at least one year of relevant and proven professional experience gained after obtaining the diploma
Please follow these instructions to apply by 7 March 2018.