Postdoc in Fungal Ecology: Prague
The Laboratory of Environmental Microbiology (Institute of Microbiology, Czech Academy of Sciences, Prague) is looking for a motivated postdoctoral fellow.
The person will perform his/her own research in the ecology of terrestrial fungi, exploring the climatic and environmental drivers of their distribution. The work will include meta-analytical approaches utilizing existing data (e.g., https://globalfungi.com) as well as direct experimentation.
We expect that the applicant has the following qualifications:
• PhD degree awarded between January 1, 2014 and July 31, 2020 in the field of microbiology, mycology, ecology, botany or similar.
• Experience in microbial ecology, biogeography, macroecology, biostatistics or bioinformatics.
• The person must be active in an institution outside the Czech Republic for at least two out of three years before July 31, 2020.
• Knowledge of advanced statistical methods and experience with the R statistical environment.
• First-authored papers in high-ranking IF journals in the fields of microbial ecology, general ecology or biogeography.
• Excellence in English.
• Motivation for independent scientific work.
The international team of the Laboratory of Environmental Microbiology of the Institute of Microbiology in Prague, the Czech Republic (see e.g. https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Petr_Baldrian) offers the work in inspiring and friendly environment an access to interesting experiments / datasets produced by the laboratory and their collaborators. Gross salary: approximately 2900 USD / month (in CZK), 30 days paid holiday per year.
Please send your Curriculum Vitae, motivation letter and contacts to at least two independent professionals who can provide reference.
The preferred starting date is between January 1, 2020 and May 31, 2021. The position is offered for two years and has to be carried out at the host institution in the Czech Republic.
For more information, please contact Petr Baldrian (email@example.com).