Postdoc in Recombinant Plant Biotechnology: Denmark
At the Faculty of Engineering and Science, Department of Chemistry and Bioscience a position as postdoc is open for appointment in the period 01.02.2019-31.07.2020 or soon hereafter. The Department of Chemistry and Bioscience consists of five sections of which three are situated in Aalborg with research and teaching in Biotechnology, Applied Chemistry and Biology & Environmental Science, one in Copenhagen on Sustainable Biotechnology and one in Esbjerg on Chemical Engineering. The position is located within the Section of Biotechnology with working place in Aalborg.
The research includes conducting a proof-of-concept study for expression of functional proteins from the mammalian immune system in plants with the purpose of enabling plants to sense signaling from mammalian antibody-antigen recognition with subsequent activation of the plant immune response. The position is funded by Villum experiment within the project “Crossdressing plants to combat future crop diseases” and is a daring high risk/high gain project. Practical research experience in one or more of the following disciplines will be considered an advantage: Gene cloning in eukaryotes (preferable plants), Agrobacterium mediated gene transfer, General molecular biology techniques and Arabidopsis handling techniques.
We seek a young researcher with an education in molecular biology, biotechnology or similar at a Ph.D. level, and with a publication record to match career age.
Limited teaching within the area can be expected, but also in other study programmes at the University.
You may obtain further professional information from professor Kåre Lehmann Nielsen, phone: +45 27879830, e-mail: email@example.com.
Appointment as Postdoc presupposes scientific qualifications at PhD–level or similar scientific qualifications. The research potential of each applicant will be emphasized in the overall assessment. Appointment as a Postdoc cannot exceed a period of four years in total at Aalborg University.
The application must contain the following:
- A motivated text wherein the reasons for applying, qualifications in relation to the position, and intentions and visions for the position are stated.
- A current curriculum vitae.
- Copies of relevant diplomas (Master of Science and PhD). On request you could be asked for an official English translation.
- Scientific qualifications. A complete list of publications must be attached with an indication of the works the applicant wishes to be considered. You may attach up to 5 publications.
- Dissemination qualifications, including participation on committees or boards, participation in organisations and the like.
- Additional qualifications in relation to the position. References/recommendations.
- Personal data
For further information concerning the application procedure please contact Lisbeth Palmelund by mail firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (+45) 9940 7553. Information regarding guidelines, ministerial circular in force and procedures can be seen here.