Postdoc position in experimental growth of marine phytoplankton: Switzerland
- is highly motivated and broad-thinking, with ability to apply understanding across experimental and evolutionary geological timescales.
- must hold a PhD degree in a related field and possess a strong background in laboratory study of marine phytoplankton, and a documented record of previous research accomplishments
- should have a solid understanding of modern physical and biological oceanography
- experience in molecular and genetics technique applied to marine phytoplankton, in phytoplankton culture in trace-metal limiting conditions,
- skills for simple quantitative modeling of cellular processes including familiarity with MATLAB or similar programming environment, will be highly regarded.
- must flourish and contribute effectively to a team collaborative environment, have strong communication skills, self-motivated, and perform rigorous experimental work.
The position is available as of now, or upon agreement. The salary and general working conditions are internationally highly competitive and will be according to standard regulations of ETH Zurich. This is a fixed term position with expected duration 2-4 years depending on project development.
For further information
Questions regarding the position should be directed to Prof. Dr. Heather Stoll at firstname.lastname@example.org (no applications).