Postdoc position in Microbial Biogeochemistry: Germany
The GEOMAR Helmholtz Centre for Ocean Research Kiel is offering a postdoc position to start 1 May 2018 within the research project “CoastSens”. GEOMAR Helmholtz Centre for Ocean Research Kiel is a foundation of public law jointly financed by the Federal Republic of Germany and the state of Schleswig-Holstein and is one of the internationally leading institutions in the field of marine sciences.
- The successful candidate will oversee the implementation of an underwater CDOM/pigment sensor at the Boknis Eck time series station.
- She / He will analyze temporal changes of optically active substances (CDOM, FDOM, pigments) in seawater by means of sensor data and compare them with laboratory analysis.
- The position is limited to 13 months.
- This is a part-time position according to 50% of a full-time equivalent, flexible working times are possible.
- a completed university degree (diploma or Master) as well as a PhD relating to Biological Oceanography or Biology/Life Sciences
- very good knowledge in the measurement and data analysis (e. g. EEM) of optically active substances (FDOM, DCOM, pigments) as well as their turnover by pelagic communities in marine systems is required
For further information regarding the position and research unit please contact Prof. Dr. Anja Engel (email@example.com).