PostDoc at the Research Network Chemistry Meets Microbiology: Austria
The University of Vienna seeks to fill the position from 01.04.2018 of a University Assistant (post doc) at the Research Network Chemistry Meets Microbiology.
Active participation in research, teaching and administration.
- Involvement in research projects
- International publications and presentations
- Involvment in project applications and acquisition of third-party funding
- Independent teaching of courses as defined by the collective agreement
- Supervision of students
- Doctoral or PhD degree (Biology, Geosciences, Geography, or similar)
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- High ability to express yourself both orally and in writing
- Documented publication activity in peer-reviewed journals
- Good team-working ability
Professional competences (MUST):
- Excellent knowledge in the area of ecosystem ecology with a focus on soil processes (microbial carbon and nitrogen cycling)
- Excellent knowledge in the area of microbial ecology, with a focus on in situ identification, quantification, and visualization of key microbial groups in soil microenvironments
Methodological competences (one or more of the following):
- Practical experience in isotope labelling of soil systems (e.g., microbes, roots), including isotope calculations and planning of isotope experiments; good understanding of isotope ration mass spectrometry
- Isolation of microbial strains from soils and roots and maintaining of strain collections
- Molecular techniques in microbiology, including excellent knowledge of FISH techniques and its application in soil, sequencing techniques and data analysis
- Microscopic techniques in microbiology (advanced fluorescence microscopy, scanning electron microscopy, correlative microscopy covering various levels of resolution), including image analysis (thresholding and 3-D rendering of microscopic data and similar)
For further information please contact Richter, Andreas +43-1-4277-76660.
Share this opportunity