Postdoctoral Fellowship - bacterial toxins : Sweden
Umeå Centre for Microbial Research of the Umeå University offers a postdoctoral fellowship on the project “Bacteria Genotoxin effect of acute and chronic infection/intoxication in vitro and in vivo”.
Short project description
The research team studies the effect of acute and chronic infection/intoxication in vitro and in vivo with bacteria expressing a novel family of bacterial toxins, known as genotoxins, which cause DNA damage in mammalian cells. The project aims at characterizing the effects of the genotoxins on the tissue architecture (e.g. intestinal tract and liver), the host response (special focus on the immune response), induction of DNA damage and genomic instability caused by short term and long-term infections. The project is part of the recently established research group of Professor Teresa Frisan, who was just recruited from Karolinska Institutet at the Department of Molecular Biology. The project is a collaboration with the Laboratory of Molecular Infection Medicine Sweden (MIMS) and Umeå Centre for Microbial Research.
Qualifications of applicant
- The ideal candidate should have a PhD in cell biology, immunology or microbiology (or equivalent).
- The candidate should be motivated and be willing to take on scientific and technical challenges.
- The candidate should be proficient in written and spoken English and is expected to work both independently and as part of an interactive team.
- Previous experience of work with laboratory animal models of colon cancer as well as a certified FELASA C level education, and knowledge within the field of infection biology and/or bioinformatics skills will be considered as a merit.
To apply for the fellowship, the applicant should prepare a single PDF (max 5 pages) containing:
1) a letter of motivation describing relevant experience and research interests,
2) a curriculum vitae including methods that the applicant has mastered, and
3) names and e-mail addresses for two or more references, with stated professional relationship with the applicant.
Applications should be written in English.
The application PDF should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org be received by July 10th, 2018 at the latest.