Postdoctoral Position in Host-Microbe Interactions, Metabolomics and Inflammation: Belgium
A postdoctoral position is available at the laboratory of Intestinal Host-Microbe Communication, headed by Prof. Andy Wullaert and affiliated to both Ghent University and the VIB Center for Inflammation Research.
The specific project for this position deals with the identification of microbiota metabolites influencing systemic inflammation in mice. The project will use gnotobiotic mouse models in the context of genetically imposed spontaneous inflammatory diseases in order to identify metabolites interfering with specific inflammatory signaling pathways.
Profile of the candidate
- The candidate must hold a PhD, or should be expecting to obtain a PhD in the near future.
- The candidate should have experience in the areas of Host-Microbe Interactions and Mucosal Immunology in the intestinal tract.
- The candidate must hold a Felasa C diploma (or equivalent) allowing him/her to work with laboratory animals.
- The required skills include: working with mouse models, big data analysis experience, molecular and cell biological techniques in vitro and in vivo.
- Candidates must be proficient in oral and written English, have excellent communication and multi-tasking skills, be team-oriented, proactive and results-driven.
- Candidates are encouraged to apply for competitive fellowships during their stay in the lab
How to apply
Please send your CV, containing a list of publications, a summary of past research, contact information of 2 or 3 referees, and a motivation letter to Prof. Andy Wullaert (Andy.Wullaert@UGent.be)