Postdoctoral research position in agent-based modelling of multi-species microbial biofilms, USA
The Laubenbacher and Mendes Research Groups at the Center for Quantitative Medicine, University of Connecticut Health Center (UConn Health) have an immediate opening for a postdoctoral researcher to join an interdisciplinary team focused on an NIH-funded project to develop novel approaches to the control of heterogeneous multispecies microbial biofilms. The project team combines expertise in mathematical modeling and control, biochemistry, and microbial ecology. The team includes the laboratory of Dr. Dongari-Bagtzoglou in the UConn School of Dental Medicine. For more details see https://health.uconn.edu/laubenbacher/research/projects/
The position is for two years, with the possibility of an extension. The researcher to fill this position will play an important leadership role in the development of the mathematical modeling and control component of the project.
- Ph.D. in mathematics, computer science, or computational biology
- knowledge of one programming language
- solid understanding of the mathematics underlying dynamic models, interest in developing a new agent-based model of multi-species microbial biofilms
- prior experience with at least one type of computational modeling
- good knowledge of the Java programming language, prior experience with agent-based models, knowledge/experience in microbiology, and experience with the software package IDynoMiCS.
Please direct inquiries to Dr. Reinhard Laubenbacher, email@example.com