Postdoctoral research position in Virology/Cell biology: Croatia
A fully funded postdoctoral research position is available for a duration of two years with the possibility of extension for an additional two years in the Laboratory for cell biology and signalling at the Ruđer Bošković Institute, Croatia in Dr Dragomira Majhen’s team.
This position is intended to develop the following project: Understanding cell entry pathway of Adenovirus type 26: way of improving vaccine vectors
Research project details
- Adenovirus-based vectors have potential translational and commercial values and are currently studied as vectors for DNA transfer and vaccination.
- Adenovirus type 26 has fundamental differences in immunogenicity from other adenovirus vectors, which might give it advantage over other adenovirus serotypes in vaccine development.
- We are currently investigating adenovirus type 26 receptor usage, binding, internalization and intracellular trafficking. More specifically we are interested in understanding how adenovirus type 26 induces innate immune response in in vitro settings, i.e. how adenovirus type 26 infection pathway influences immune response.
- The postdoc will work together with a PhD student on the analysis of adenovirus type 26 and adenovirus type 35 intracellular trafficking in the context of induction of innate immune response as well as localization of adenovirus type 26 and adenovirus type 35 genome within the cell.
- Experience in virus and cell biology, confocal microscopy or biochemistry is appreciated.
- a PhD in a relevant field such as microbiology, biotechnology, molecular biology, biochemistry, biophysics, nanotechnology
- strong motivation in developing and applying novel techniques for biological and virus biology-related questions
- excellent language skills in English
We look forward to receiving applications (CV, copy of the PhD certificate, list of publications, a letter of motivation and two referees) via e-mail to Dragomira.Majhen@irb.hr. This position is available immediately.
Share this opportunity