Research Assistant in Microbial Bioinformatics: Prague
The Institute of Microbiology of the Czech Academy of Sciences in Prague are looking for a qualified person with an experience in bioinformatics that will provide assistance with bioinformatic tasks concerning the analysis of microbiome structure and functioning.
Within the Core Facility for Bioinformatics of the Institute of Microbiology of the CAS, he will collaborate with researchers from various laboratories to help them solve their bioinformatics problems, design analysis strategies or develop new methods / scripts.
The starting date is negotiable, preferably as soon as possible.
- PhD or MSc degree within the field of bioinformatics, biology, ecology or similar
- Practical experience in the field of bioinformatics, statistics and scripting / programming skills
- Papers in IF journals using bioinformatics approaches
- Experience with Shell / Python or Pearl
- The active knowledge of R is an advantage
- Good communication in English
- Motivation for collaboration with others and teaching/training
Please send your Curriculum Vitae, motivation letter and contacts to at least two independent professionals who can provide reference. Applications should be sent to Petr Baldrian (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Jiří Vohradský (email@example.com).
There is no deadline for this opportunity so we suggest to submit your application as soon as possible. Position will be filled once an ideal candidate is found.