Research Technician in Microbiology: Spain
The Vall d’Hebron Research Institute (VHIR) is a public sector institution, located in Barcelona, Spain that promotes and develops innovative biomedical research at the University Hospital Vall d’Hebron. VHIR offers a research technician position within the Microbiology Department.
Education and qualifications:
- Degree in biological sciences
- Experience in clinical assays and quality control procedures
- Experience in clinical research and molecular biology technologies
- Previous experience in evaluation of molecular biology techniques
- Knowledge in microbiology diagnosis of sexually transmitted infections
- English advanced level
Main responsibilities and duties:
- Evaluation and validation of an assay for M.genitalium resistance detection for the CE-IVD registration
- To validate and evaluate the clinical performance of the SpeeDx ResistancePlus MG (CFX) assay on the Bio-Rad CFX96 (IVD), with the aim of CE-IVD registration. A collection of samples will be prospectively collected,anonymously identified and processed following highly quality control standard procedures.
- To validate theFastFinder ResistancePlus MG (CFX) analysis software, by testing a range of MG positive DNA extracts with the ResistancePlus MG (CFX) assa
- Full time position.
- Start date 1 April 2018
- Length of the contract: 3 months
- Applicants should submit a full Curriculum Vitae and a cover letter with the reference ‘Technician Micro’ to the following email addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Share this opportunity