Senior Lecturer / Associate Professor in Virology: UK
The School of Veterinary Medicine of the University of Surrey is seeking to appoint a virologist at Senior Lecturer or Associate Professor (Reader) level to grow and sustain virology research at the University of Surrey, empowering the University research strategy, namely Science delivering global wellbeing and Lifelong Health. As a Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor in Virology, you will be expected to develop and lead a significant externally funded programme of research in line with the Faculty of Health and Medical Science’s Infection and Immunity research theme strategy, driving new initiatives with potential for interdisciplinary research including collaborations with the School of Biosciences, the new School of Medicine, other University faculties and local partners such as the Pirbright Institute, Royal Surrey County Hospital, Animal Plant and Health Agency, UK Health Security Agency and the Defence Science Technology Laboratory to attract and secure significant research funds.
The postholder will be expected to:
- Establish and lead a sustainable research group generating high quality publications and demonstrable impact
- Secure significant research income to support the work of your research group
- Mentor postgraduate research students and postdoctoral fellows
- Initiate cross-disciplinary research collaborations allowing novel, multi-disciplinary insights into animal and human health and disease
- Make high quality, research-led contributions to undergraduate and postgraduate teaching within the School, including on the RCVS-accredited BVMSci veterinary degree course