SYNMIKRO Junior Group Leader Symposium: 26-28 Sept 2017, Germany
Dates: 26-28 September 2017
Location: Marburg, Germany
SYNMIKRO, the Center for Synthetic Microbiology, founded in 2010 by the Philipps-Universität Marburg and the Max Planck Society, in cooperation with the Collaborative Research Centers (CRCs) SFB 987 on ‘Microbial Diversity in Environmental Signal Response’ and TRR 174 on ‘Spatiotemporal Dynamics of Bacterial Cells’, invites to apply for a
Junior Group Leader Symposium
SYNMIKRO was founded in 2010 with the aim to enhance understanding of the molecular, biochemical, structural, cellular and ecological functions of microorganisms and, thus, provide the basis for the construction of synthetic microbial units. Equipped with state-of-the-art technology supported by excellent core facilities, the center provides outstanding research opportunities for its members. SYNMIKRO offers an internationally outstanding and highly interdisciplinary environment that brings together biologists, biochemists, physicists, mathematicians, computational biologists and bioethicists.
We seek talented, dynamic, independent and highly motivated scientists early in their career who are planning to apply for independent funding (e.g. the Emmy Noether Program, Sofja Kovalevskaja Award, Volkswagen Foundation Freigeist or ERC starting grant) and, based on this funding, would like to establish an Independent Junior Research Group at SYNMIKRO or an University associated department.
The Center and the CRCs will provide mentoring and administrative support during the application process. Successful candidates will be offered fully equipped lab space, access to a comprehensive infrastructure and an attractive support package specifically tailored to the needs of each candidate.
SYNMIKRO will host a Symposium from September 26-28 2017 in Marburg, Germany, to provide an opportunity for the mutual exchange of ideas and identify candidates whose interests are within the scope of SYNMIKRO and the CRCs.
- We cordially invite applications for this symposium. Please send your letter of motivation explaining why you would like to join us, your CV, a statement of scientific achievements and a maximum two-page summary of your future research plans, including potential collaborations with the PIs of SYNMIKRO and/or the CRCs.
- Please submit your application as a single pdf-file by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Deadline for applications is June 15 2017.
- Successful applicants will be notified by mid-July 2017. For any inquiries, please contact Dr. Gert Bange (email@example.com, +49-6421–28 23361).
- The Philipps-Universität Marburg seeks to recruit more women in areas in which they are underrepresented. Hence, we would like to strongly encourage qualified women to apply. Applications from disabled candidates or those with additional support needs are also welcome.