Temporary part-time position as Associate Professor at Medicine (Microbiology): Norway
A 50 % part-time temporary position as Associate Professor of Medicine (Microbiology) is vacant at the Faculty of Medicine, Department of Clinical Science. The position is available with start as soon as possible and to December 31st 2020. The successful candidate shall work within one of the established research groups at the department. See end of page for job description including details on curriculum and area of responsibility, particular duties and other circumstances, which will be stressed at the time of appointment. Additional information on the position is obtainable from Harald Wiker Department of Clinical Science: firstname.lastname@example.org
- the applicant must be medical doctor and specialist in microbiology or infectious diseases and have a relevant Norwegian doctorate or corresponding qualifications
- the successful candidate will be teaching microbiology for medicine and pharmacy students.
- emphasis will be put on the applicant’s ability to create a good teaching environment and a good collaboration with the clinical departments at Haukeland University Hospiial
- emphasis will be put on the ability of the applicant to create a good research environment and national and international network building, and to achieve external funding
- basic teaching training is a requirement. The successful candidate will be offered appropriate training if this requirement has not been met before the appointment
The successful applicant will work within the field of microbiology and be affiliated with one of the established research groups at the institute and must document own research on microbial etiology of infections. Emphasis will be put on the applicants ability to manage research projects, coordinate research activity, and perform research strategic work. Proven willingness and ability to cooperate will be of great importance in the evaluation process. The teaching language will normally be Norwegian. The successful applicant must be able to teach in Norwegian or one of the other Scandinavian languages.
We can offer
- a good and challenging international working environment in a faculty with an academic environment that is in the forefront nationally and internationally
- professional challenges with opportunities for personal development and skills development
- a good pension scheme in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- inclusive workplace (IW)
- good welfare benefits
For more information regarding what the University of Bergen can offer its employees please visit: http://www.uib.no/en/poa/74243/what-can-university-bergen-offer-its-employees