Applications for FEMS Summer School for Postdocs are now open
Applicants must be currently working in a postdoctoral position, or have completed a postdoc within a 5-year period before the end of the FEMS Summer School (i.e. during: 3 September 2016 – 13 September 2021). Please note, periods of maternity/paternity leave and/or long-term illness do not count towards this 5-year limit.
Applicants are asked to provide:
- a CV
- a short letter of motivation (maximum 1 side of A4)
- a summary of their current and future research topics
- a letter of support from their supervisor/manager
Applicants will be selected on the basis of the merit of their applications in the areas listed below. An additional selection criterion will be to ensure geographical variety, reflecting the FEMS membership base with representation of many European countries and for a cohort that reflects the diversity of the microbiological community.
- quality and originality of their current and planned research
- evidence of interest and ability in the field of microbiology
- commitment to personal development
- significance and potential value of proposed future research topics
How to submit your application
- Log in to your FEMS user account. Don’t have one? Create your FREE FEMS user account.
- Check your email for further instructions to login.
- Once logged, in select the Summer School application form from the ‘Announcements’ section:
- Fill in the form. Want to save and come back to finish later? Just hit ‘Save’ at the bottom left corner of the form and you can come back later and continue the application by clicking on ‘My applications’.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you encounter any issues during your application.
- Application system opens on 15 March 2021
- Deadline for applications is 23:59 on 1 June 2021
- Final decisions on applications by 15 June 2021
- Applicants will be informed about the outcome of their applications on 15 June 2021
- The online registration for successful applicants opens on 15 June 2021
- Online registration, including payment of registration fee for successful applicants, by 30 June 2021
- Summer School dates are: 3 September to 13 September 2021
Successful applicants will work collaboratively according to our values and policies in relation to diversity and creating a positive study environment. They will act as ambassadors engaging in FEMS and MedILS communications activities including, but not necessarily limited to, potential interviews, spotlights, photographs, video, or social media activity.
In our drive to streamline best practices, we have enacted policies that underpin the way FEMS as an organization does its work and interacts with its staff, the wider microbiological community, and the world. To ensure everyone is treated with dignity and respect, all attendees to the Summer School will be subject to our policies on equal opportunities and bullying and harassment.
Explore a new Thematic Issue on the greater wax moth, Galleria mellonella from Pathogens and Disease. This issue includes reviews and research on insect immune systems and the use of Galleria mellonella as a model organism for assessing the virulence of bacterial pathogens and the effectiveness of antimicrobial agents.