We have just finished another very successful FEMS Summer School for Postdocs! This took place on 3-13 September 2022, at the Mediterranean Institute for Life Sciences (MedILS), in Split, Croatia with the theme Microbiology for a Sustainable Future.
What is the aim of the FEMS Summer School for Postdocs?
The Summer School presents a unique opportunity for early career scientists to receive instruction and supervision from prominent academics, collaborate and network with fellow researchers from an international range of countries, and to discuss their own work as well as wider aspects of being a scientist.
Summary of the Summer School for Postdocs 2022
- 19 talented postdocs attended from across the world
- 10 distinguished speakers-mentors also
- 10 days full with lectures, workshops, and discussions
- Postdocs worked in 4 groups to produce a research project proposal which they presented on the last day of the Summer School
- Postdocs met with the FEMS Council to discuss how best FEMS can support young scientists
We would like to take this opportunity to thank the Summer School Director, Vaso Taleski, Co-Directors, Hilary Lappin-Scott and Max M. Häggblom, as well as the Honorary Director, Miroslav Radman
Videos from previous Summer Schools