FEMS Meeting Attendance Grants
FEMS provides Meeting Attendance Grants to early career scientists working in Europe who wish to attend microbiology meetings that are not supported by a FEMS Meetings Grant. The maximum amount of a Meeting Attendance Grant is € 600, the minimum € 250.
Meeting Attendance Grants may support attendance at meetings worldwide but preference will be given to meetings within the European area.
Early career scientists wishing to apply for a Meetings Attendance Grant should first inform themselves of the regulations governing FEMS Meeting Attendance Grants. Complete applications should be received at FEMS Central Office on or before:
- 01 April 12.00 CET, for attendance at meetings beginning between 1 May and 30 September
- 01 September 12.00 CET, for attendance at meetings beginning between 1 October and 30 April
Upon receipt of an application at FEMS Business Office, it is checked for eligibility and completeness. Complete applications are then submitted to the Grants Board. The FEMS Grants Board will review and judge the applications based on:
- the applicant’s professional situation
- the quality of the abstract(s)
- the traveling mode and distance
- the number of the same grants received by the applicant previously
The regulations and application forms are available electronically:
Go to the online grant application system
To apply, follow the link to the online grant application system.
Mycobacteria show a high degree of intrinsic resistance to most antibiotics and chemotherapeutic agents. The low permeability of the mycobacterial cell wall, with its unusual structure, is now known to be a major factor in this resistance.