International Biodeterioration Biodegradation Society
Joanna Verran, Professor of Microbiology (Emeritus)
Faculty of Science and Engineering, Manchester Metropolitan University, Chester St. Manchester M1 5GD, UK
Request additional contact details via email@example.com
International Biodeterioration Biodegradation Society (GLOBE-IBBS)
The International Biodeterioration Biodegradation Society was formally established in 1969 as an international, multidisciplinary organization concerned with the biodeterioration of commercially important materials.
The IBBS – The International Biodeterioration & Biodegradation Society was formally established in 1969 as an international, multidisciplinary organisation concerned with the biodeterioration of commercially important materials.
We aim to promote the science and technology of not only biodeterioration but also biodegradation and bioremediation. Our meetings are diverse:-
- Biodeterioration and biodegradation of plastics
- Biodeterioration of metals, timber, paper, stone and concrete
- Biodegradation of solid wastes biosorption and bioremediation
- Biofilms in biodeterioration processes
- Preservation of constructional materials and historical artifacts
- Post-harvest decay spoilage of foods and feeds
- Methods for controlling biodeterioration including the use of biocides
- Rapid detection of biological agents involved in biodeterioration
- Since the Society’s inception we have held 17 triennial symposia, the most recent being IBBS-17 in Manchester, UK where the main topics were anti-adhesive and antimicrobial surfaces, biocides, biocorrosion, biodeterioration and biodegradation, biofilms and biofilm control, cultural heritage, constructional materials, decontamination, emerging topics, fuels, pharmaceuticals, modern investigative methods, young scientists’ short papers and state of the art techniques to study function and diversity of microorganisms involved in these processes. IBBS-18 will be held in from September 8th -10th, 2020 at Montana State University (MSU), Bozeman, Montana USA with a similarly diverse and interesting programme
Membership is open to anyone with a scientific, technical, practical or commercial interest in these fields.