Professor Giovanna Riccardi
Full Professor of Microbiology
• Identification of targets for new drugs in Mycobacterium tuberculosis
• Bacterial drug resistance: mechanisms of action
• Deciphering the role of RND efflux transporters in Burkholderia cenocepacia
FEMS Expert: Professor Giovanna Riccardi
member of EAM
1977-1984 – Fellowships aimed to work in microbiology fields, at the Institute of Microbiology and Plant Physiology, University of Pavia.
1979 – EMBO Short-Term fellowship, University of Liverpool.
1984-1998 – Researcher at the Department of Genetics and Microbiology, University of Pavia.
1999-2002 – Associate Professor of Microbiology at the Department of Experimental, Environmental and Applied Biology, University of Genoa.
From October 2002 – Full Professor of Microbiology, at the Department of Genetics and Microbiology, University of Pavia.
From January 2010 to December 2012 – President of the SIMGBM (Italian Society of General Microbiology and Microbial Biotechnologies).
From August 2011 – Member of the European Academy of Microbiology.
From January 2016 – Member of the University Board of Pavia.
- University of Pavia, Department of Biology and Biotechnology, Italy
- University of Genoa, Department of Experimental, Environmental and Applied Biology, Italy