Events & courses
14th International Conference on Molecular Epidemiology and Evolutionary Genetics of Infectious Diseases
Join us for the 14th International Meeting on Molecular Epidemiology and Evolutionary Genetics of Infectious Diseases (MEEGID XIV), to be held at Melia Sitges, Sitges, Spain, 6-9 November 2018.
Organized by Elsevier, MEEGID XIV will include:
- 10 – 15 plenary lectures
- 15 – 20 four hour-specialized symposia
- several poster sessions
- special emphasis will be given to health problems of specific interest to the present world: Zika, tuberculosis, AIDS, malaria, cancer and infectious diseases, to name a few.
- Plenary lectures and symposia will also deal with transversal topics, such as population genetics, evolution, speciation, taxonomy, bioinformatics, whole genome sequencing analysis and -omics analyses.
Oral and poster abstracts are invited on the topics below. They should be submitted using the online abstract submission system by 1 June 2018.
Studies dealing with viruses, bacteria, parasitic protoza, fungi and helminths of medical, veterinary or agronomical relevance, related to:
- Cancer and infectious diseases
- Micro-and macro-evolution
- Experimental evolution
- Co-evolution between hosts, pathogens and vectors
- In-silico evolution
- Mathematical modelling
- Molecular diagnosis, epidemiology and taxonomy
- Phylogenetics, phylogenomics, phylogeography