Aquatic Microbiologist: USA
EMSL Analytical has an opening for a full time Aquatic Microbiologist I specializing in Aquatic Organisms (Cryptosporidium, Giardia , Algae, etc.), Bacteria, and Microbiology analyses for its headquarters located in Cinnaminson, NJ, USA.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- prepare and analyze aquatic/environmental samples
- documents sample preparation and analytical activities
- yechnical report reparation and QA activities as required
- upon completion of training, become certified for the analysis of Crypto/Giardia
- conduct special projects as needed
- laboratory organization, supply inventory, calibrations and maintenance of lab equipment
- candidate will be required to cross train in Environmental Microbiology (microscopy) and willing to cross train in additional areas as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Environmental Science/Engineering, Microbiology, Biology, Chemistry, or other Life Science Discipline with 1-3 years previous commercial or academic lab experience desired
- familiar with general environmental lab equipment and instrument
- must be able to distinguish colors in order to perform analysis
- must have good, strong problem solving skills
- must be able to work independently and with a team
- must be able to multi-task and prioritize work assignments
- must be able to pay attention to details and meet deadlines
- must be able to lift 30 lbs
- Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., extra hours and/or weekend may be required to meet business demands
- EMSL offers full time benefits: medical, dental, 401(k), voluntary benefits, paid time off, holiday pay, flexible spending account
As the nation’s leading environmental testing firm, EMSL’s network of nationwide laboratories has been providing quality analytical services since 1981. We offer a wide array of analytical testing services to support environmental investigations focused on asbestos, microbiology, lead paint, environmental chemistry, indoor air quality, industrial hygiene and food testing. Additionally, we also provide materials testing, characterization, and forensic laboratory services for a wide range of commercial, industrial, regulatory, and law enforcement clients.
EMSL Analytical, Inc. is a stable and growing company that offers the opportunity to cross train, advance within, and become a part of a close knit team. EMSL laboratories are throughout the U.S. and international with a laboratory location in Canada.