Assistant Professor (Microbial Ecologist or Microbial Evolutionary Biologist): Canada
The Department of Biology at Saint Mary’s University invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track position at the rank of Assistant Professor, effective as early as January 1, 2019. We are seeking a Microbial Ecologist or Microbial Evolutionary Biologist who is able to support our undergraduate curriculum by teaching courses in Microbiology and Fungal Biology. The successful candidate will support and contribute to our curriculum more specifically through their areas of research specialization. The successful candidate must hold a Ph.D. in Biology and provide evidence of a strong research record or an emerging scholarly profile, have a record of a high standard of teaching in the field (preferably in the courses noted above), and have a strong commitment to collegial service.
Qualified candidates must submit an application consisting of:
- A cover letter outlining how the applicant’s background aligns with the desired qualifications, and which of the Department’s current course offerings the applicant would most like to teach;
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae;
- A teaching dossier that includes evidence of teaching effectiveness with student evaluations of past teaching if available;
- A statement of research interests with evidence of excellence in scholarship (maximum 2 pages); and
- The names, addresses, and email contacts of three persons that are best able to describe your suitability for this position.
The complete application should be sent as a single file in .pdf format to: Dr. Jeremy Lundholm, Selection Committee Chair, Biology Department, Saint Mary’s University, 923 Robie Street, Halifax, Nova Scotia, B3H 3C3, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Complete applications must be received on or before July 1, 2018. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.