Associate Director in Microbiology: Ireland
MSD is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. MSD Carlow offers an opportunity for candidates interested in a new challenge in a cGMP regulatory environment. MSD are looking to recruit an Associate Director in Microbiology who play a lead role in this expansion.
The Associate Director of Microbiology will manage a team of Microbiobiology and Bioassay department managers, lead technicians and analysts and will be responsible for all people aspects, such as coaching, talent development, recruitment and performance management. The Associate Director role will report directly to the Director of Quality.
- The ideal candidate will have 10+ years experience in a senior supervisory or managerial laboratory role.
- The successful candidate will manage the Microbiological and Bioassay teams as well as providing technical expertise, trouble-shooting and microbiological support to the site and site.
- In addition the successful candidate will liaise with technical subject matter experts from other Merck sites as well as participate in above site analytical and technical forums.
- Ensure the highest Compliance standards are met on a daily basis
- Ensure supply of high quality product in line with testing schedules
- Work Closely with the Quality Leadership Team (QLT) on key operational and strategic areas
- Delivery of area performance to meet or exceed performance and quality goals
- Provide sound financial stewardship, management and control
- Lead a cross-functional management team providing ongoing coaching and support, including the identification and development of key talent
- Drive performance and management of individuals and team
- Ensure compliance with safety, health, environmental and cGMP and other applicable regulations.
- Participate in corporate and regulatory audits
- Continuously develop the test and support systems within the laboratories to a state of optimal performance.
- Third level qualification (Degree) in a science related discipline, ideally in Microbiology, Industrial Microbiology or Biotechnology.
- Project Management qualification such as, Project Management Professional.
- Evidence of Continuous Professional Development.
- Preference for Lean Six Sigma Green Belt