Biomedical Scientist/Data Analysis - Precision Biomarkers Laboratory at Cedar-Sinai: USA
The newly formed Precision Biomarkers Laboratory at Cedar-Sinai, is seeking a candidate with comprehensive experience in the use and development of quantitative proteomic pipelines with a strong focus on processing and interpretation of experimental data. You will join as a scientific leader in quantitative mass spectrometry expanding the use of proteomics in the diagnosis and treatment of human disease. Our laboratories are well equipped with state-of-the-art LC-MS platforms, automation and computational resources to drive high-performance and high throughput.
You will be highly motivated, with a proven record of scientific productivity, excellence in communication, collaboration, and enthusiasm to join a growing, dynamic group. Your motivation, innovation, and attention to detail will augment your ability to work collaboratively. You will be expected to contribute to multiple concurrent projects within the objectives of the group.
The Biomedical Scientist leads project development and compliance of all Federal and State accrediting agency including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) requirements in good manufacturing practices (GMP) for cellular products in Cedars-Sinai Biomanufacturing Center (CBC). Performs process development, validation, and qualifications for cellular production in GMP / good laboratory practice (GLP) environment. Provides guidance, technical expertise, evaluates client processes and makes recommendations for improvement. Plans and assigns projects, monitors work, and identifies issues/problems, and makes plans to resolve problems. Supervises a production team, tissue culture techniques, aseptic technique, and writing standard operating procedures (SOPs), for developing and processing clinical grade and research grade cellular products. Responsible for managing assigned projects and managing associates activities in regulated working environment. Writes and records controlled documents for assigned projects. Performs and trains associates on all current good manufacturing practices (cGMP)/ GLP related activities. Coordinates and assists quality control team with all required testing activities. Provides excellent communication and must have a thorough understand of laboratory and research functions to ensure the success of projects. Reviews and remains current on literature as it relates to clinical/research study. May develop hypothesis and assist in planning steps for the investigative process.
- Direct experience independently implementing state-of-the-art proteomic data analysis workflows with a strong emphasis on the processing of and interpretation of data independent acquisition (DIA) data.
- Familiarity with emerging approaches to data acquisition and library generation.
- Experience with the entire proteomic workflow from sample prep to data analysis.
- Experience with Thermo and Sciex mass spectrometry platforms.
- Demonstrated scientific productivity and have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and timelines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in molecular biology, microbiology, biochemistry or related science/engineering field required. Doctorate Degree, preferred.
Experience and Skillset:
- Eight (8) years experience in GMP/GLP or equivalent regulated facility. Ph.D. with at least three (3) years of professional experience (including postdoctoral work) in mass spectrometry driven proteomics workflows especially in areas with direct application to human health.
- Experience with laboratory automation and information management systems is a plus.
- Strengths in R or Python for data analysis and visualization is highly desirable.
- Working Title: Biomedical Scientist – Data Analysis – Precision Biomarker Lab
- Department: Precision Biomarker Labs
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Biomanufacturing
- Job Specialty: Biomanufacturing
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day