Biomedical Scientist - Precision Biomarkers Laboratory at Cedar-Sinai: USA
The newly formed Precision Biomarkers Laboratory at Cedar-Sinai, is seeking a candidate with comprehensive experience in the development of novel, high performance quantitative mass spectrometry workflows for proteins and peptides. You will join as a scientific leader in quantitative mass spectrometry expanding the use of proteomics in the diagnosis and treatment of human disease. You will have access to state-of-the-art LC-MS platforms (Thermo Exploris 480, Sciex 6500+) enabling quantitative proteomic profiling and development of targeted assays using both high and low resolution techniques.
You will be highly motivated, with a proven record of scientific productivity, excellence in communication, collaboration, and enthusiasm to join a growing, dynamic group. Your motivation, innovation, and attention to detail will augment your ability to work collaboratively. You will be expected to contribute to multiple concurrent projects within the objectives of the group.
The Biomedical Scientist leads project development and compliance of all Federal and State accrediting agency including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) requirements in good manufacturing practices (GMP) for cellular products in Cedars-Sinai Biomanufacturing Center (CBC). Performs process development, validation, and qualifications for cellular production in GMP / good laboratory practice (GLP) environment. Provides guidance, technical expertise, evaluates client processes and makes recommendations for improvement. Plans and assigns projects, monitors work, and identifies issues/problems, and makes plans to resolve problems. Supervises a production team, tissue culture techniques, aseptic technique, and writing standard operating procedures (SOPs), for developing and processing clinical grade and research grade cellular products. Responsible for managing assigned projects and managing associates activities in regulated working environment. Writes and records controlled documents for assigned projects. Performs and trains associates on all current good manufacturing practices (cGMP)/ GLP related activities. Coordinates and assists quality control team with all required testing activities. Provides excellent communication and must have a thorough understand of laboratory and research functions to ensure the success of projects. Reviews and remains current on literature as it relates to clinical/research study. May develop hypothesis and assist in planning steps for the investigative process.
- Direct experience developing of state-of-the-art proteomic workflows, developing technology and working independently.
- In-depth knowledge of protein chemistry and allied techniques (electrophoresis, western blot, affinity chromatography).
- Hands on experience with Thermo and Sciex mass spectrometry platforms.
- Familiarity with mass spectrometry analysis software (vendor specific and open source)
- Demonstrated scientific productivity and have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and timelines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in molecular biology, microbiology, biochemistry or related science/engineering field required. Doctorate Degree, preferred.
Experience and Skillset:
- Eight (8) years experience in GMP/GLP or equivalent regulated facility. Ph.D. with at least three (3) years of professional experience in mass spectrometry driven proteomics, especially in areas with direct application to human health.
- Experience with laboratory automation is highly desirable.
- Prior experience with immunoaffinity, molecular biology, and/or cell culture is a plus.
- Basic familiarity with R or Python for data analysis preferred.
Information about this role:
- Working Title: Biomedical Scientist – Product Development – Precision Biomarker Lab
- Department: Precision Biomarker Labs
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Biomanufacturing
- Job Specialty: Biomanufacturing
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
There is no specific deadline for this post so please submit your application asap if you are interested.