Clinical Laboratory Scientist II/Microbiology, USA
Johns Hopkins Health System offers a position of a Clinical Laboratory Scientist II/Microbiology.
- Work requires formal educational background in chemistry, hematology, immunohematology and microbiology normally acquired through completion of a two or four year post secondary school program in clinical laboratory technology/medical technology and/or equivalent education and training in microbiology, chemistry, hematology, immunohematology, or related field.
- Clinical Laboratory Science/Medical Technology internship or (one year) equivalent clinical lab experience or course work specific to the discipline.
- This role is intended for individuals with less than 2 years of experience and for all BS/MT and equivalent degree candidates without the equivalent certification/registration (but with eligibility to sit for certification exam).
- Ability to analyze and operate technical and scientific equipment, perform a range of tests and developmental assessments with the highest degree of accuracy and to correlate normal tests results in a healthy state to anomalous test results and the presence of disease.
- Ability to perform successfully despite sudden deadlines and changing priorities, maintaining personal composure in high stress situations.
- Ability to exercise initiative and judgment.
- Ability to maintain effective communication skills within the department and with other health care professionals. Ability to work independently, accurately determining appropriate procedures and methods to obtain test results.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems with equipment or test methods.
- Ability to assist in the training of new employees, students and physicians in laboratory methodology. Ability to use and understand computer system reference materials and Laboratory Standard Operating Procedure Manuals.
Share this opportunity