FEMS is looking for a Communications Officer
Are you the enthusiastic and driven Communications Officer that will join our team in Delft? Have a look at our vacancy for a Communications Officer for a scientific community and apply now!
FEMS is a pan-European scientific body campaigning to get science – and microbiology in particular – on the European agenda. It was set up in 1974 to promote microbiology across Europe, and today we are a growing coalition of 52 member societies from 36 countries. We bring together around 30,000 professional microbiologists who are exploring microbiology and its impact on the world, and we are working with similar organisations elsewhere to make our network global. Members can apply for fellowships, grants and/or support when organising a meeting. FEMS facilitates exchange of scientific knowledge to all microbiologists in Europe and worldwide by publishing five microbiology journals and organising a biennial congress for microbiologists around the world.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and driven Communications Officer to join our team in Delft. In a small team, you will develop and deliver a range of communication activities including copywriting, design management, producing campaigns, managing internal and external communications across social and digital channels and print. We are also looking for a keen networker who will help to build and empower our growing communities. Your work will support the strategic aims and objectives of the organization and enable microbiologists to connect with each other, stay up to date with relevant research, funding and collaborations, and translate their science into broader impact including through education, policy development and business development. As part of the international FEMS community you will work remotely with people across disciplines and sectors as we implement and further develop our organizational strategy.
As a flexible, self-organizer who’s willing to take on new challenges you will:
- have experience in community and/or campaigns management
- have an outgoing personality
- be a native English speaker or a near-native English speaker
- have a flair for interviewing and strong writing skills
- have a keen eye for innovative communications
- be able to communicate to a range of audiences, for instance both academic and public
- have a background in a scientific or environmental discipline
- have an understanding of the academic community and its culture
- have a strong social media background
- have excellent organizing / time management / multi-tasking skills
- have a strong website background
- Eligible to live and work in Europe
- Either living at a commuting distance from Delft (in the south west of the Netherlands) or willing to move there
- Willing to travel if necessary
- An interesting, challenging job that will give you the opportunity to help us develop both FEMS and your own business development skills
- Competitive salary and benefits package
Please send your CV and covering letter, including your salary expectations, before 26 October 2016 to email@example.com. Please mention in your letter where you saw this advertisement and add an indication of your salary expectations. For more information please contact Carianne Buurmeijer.