FEMS Governance & Executive Support Officer
As our Executive & Governance Support Officer, you support the Federation of European Microbiological Society (FEMS) Chief Executive and governing bodies in achieving its mission and strategic objectives. You play a crucial role in assuring the performance of the charity by arranging and servicing the meetings of the Executive Director, Board of Directors, FEMS Council, and conducting other operational matters as required. You thrive in an international environment where you are asked to connect the dots and make sure nothing falls through the cracks. Your positivity is contagious and you bring diplomacy and a can-do attitude to everything you do. You have a proven ability to work independently as well as collaboratively and successfully manage a range of internal and external stakeholders. You report to the Programme Manager responsible for Governance & Operations. An understanding of microbiology is not necessary for this position.
- provide the Executive Director with effective operational support, helping to manage her diary and that of the FEMS President’s and coordinate the yearly FEMS calendar;
- organize, plan and prepare for Board meetings, Council meetings and activities as directed alongside any necessary travel/accommodation requirements; follow-up after meetings, tracking actions and ensure they are completed on time.
- ensure that essential policies are in place for FEMS and its Committees, updating guidelines and processes in line with best practice
- contribute to, and collate, all high-level papers and briefing documents for the Executive Director and Board of Directors meetings
- At least 2-4 years in a similar position
- a excellent and open communicator able to manage relationships with people from many cultures, ages, backgrounds, nationalities, and perspectives
- proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) and project management software with a willingness to learn new skills and software on the go
- excellent fluency in written and spoken English
- right to work in EU
Application deadline: 4th June
FEMS may select qualified candidates prior to this date. Your cover letter should include your reasons for applying and your relevant experience.