Full Professor in Environmental Microbiology: Austria
The University of Innsbruck invites applications for the position of a Full Professor in Environmental Microbiology (Focus on Terrestrial Ecosystems) at the Department of Microbiology at the Faculty of Biology.
It is a position in accordance with § 98 of the Austrian Universities’ Act (Universitätsgesetz – UG) and will be based on a civil-law employment contract with the University on the basis of the Salaried Employees Act (Angestelltengesetz). The contract will be concluded for an unlimited period; the extent of employment is 100%.
- Representation of the field „Environmental Microbiology“, with the focus on terrestrial ecosystems, in research and teaching.
- Teaching within the study programs of the Faculty of Biology and supervising research theses.
- Acquisition of extra-mural funding.
- Active participation in the University’s research focus „Mountain Regions“, and the Faculty’s „Research Center for Environmental Research and Biotechnology“.
- Active participation in academic self-governance and department management.
- a degree in higher education in Austria or the equivalent abroad, pertinent to the position;
- pertinent habilitation or comparable qualification (e.g. senior lecturer, associate professor);
- Proven expertise in environmental microbiology;
- Strong record of publications in leading international peer-reviewed journals;
- Integration in the international scientific community;
- Mobility experience;
- experience in acquiring and managing external research funds;
- pronounced teaching skills and Experience in teaching;
- leadership and management skills
Applications should include:
- motivation letter
- curriculum vitae describing the professional and scientific career, including information on the current position
- ORCID iD and ResearcherID
- list of publications, lectures (including invited plenary lectures at international conferences), and other scientific output
- five most important publications
- list of personally acquired extra-mural funds
- description of completed and current research (maximally 2 pages)
- statement of future research and teaching plans (maximally 2 pages)
All documents must have arrived in English in digital form (by e-mail, in one file in PDF-format) by July 14, 2021 at the Faculty Service Office of the Leopold-Franzens-University of Innsbruck, Technikerstrasse 17, A-6020 Innsbruck (email@example.com).
The University of Innsbruck is committed to increasing the percentage of female employees especially in leading positions and therefore explicitly invites women to apply. In the case of equivalent qualifications, women will be given preference.
In line with the Collective Bargaining Agreement professors are in remuneration group A 1, i.e., for a full-term professorship the basic salary is 5.321,70 Euro (14 times). Depending on qualification and experience a higher salary and facilities may be negotiated with the Rector. The University also offers attractive additional benefits.
The University of Innsbruck expects the successful candidate to acquire sufficient knowledge of German within three years to be able to teach and participate in academic and self-governance committees.
The full, legally binding text in German (published in the official bulletin of the University of June 2, 2021) as well as additional information on the current status of the application process can be found here.