Head of the Division "Material-Microbiome Interactions": Germany
To strengthen our team in the department ‘Materials and the Environment’ in Berlin-Steglitz starting 01.01.2023, we are looking for a Head of the Division “Material-Microbiome Interactions” (m/f/d).
Your responsibilities include:
- Designing and establishing an experimental and data-based system to assess the ways materials impact the microbiome of ecosystems
- Development and identification of criteria to predict and detect changes and hazards imposed on the environment by material introduction
- Development of methods and reference procedures based on biological model systems, with specific relevance to material sciences (e. g. biofilms)
- Provision of reference data and reference procedures for the assessment of material-environment interactions for industry and research, with connection to the National Research Data Infrastructure (NFDI)
We are looking for a personality of international scientific reputation who conducts research at the interface between biofilm/microbiome/environment and anthropogenic material. The successful candidate should be distinguished by
- An excellent scientific university degree in natural science, specialising in microbiology, biology, biogeosciences or comparable with a very good doctorate degree
- An excellent scientific record in biology, ecology, computational biology/data science, microbiology or biogeosciences as evidenced by funding and peer-reviewed publication record
- Extensive independent experience with modern laboratory techniques, method development and data analysis in the field of biofilm research, ecosystem research and/or contaminant transfer
- Several years of international professional experience in the subject areas of BAM’s environmental field of research (e.g. microbiome composition, microbial activity and functions, environmental compatibility of materials, biodeterioration, microbiologically influenced corrosion, microplastics or other environmental pollutants)
Applications deadline 30 September 2022.
Share this opportunity