Laboratory Technician - Bacterial Synthetic Biology: Denmark
We are seeking a highly motivated Laboratory Specialist to join our highly international team at the Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Biosustainability (DTU Biosustain), Technical University of Denmark, and become part of the “Bacterial Synthetic Biology” section headed by Prof. Morten O.A. Sommer.
The successful candidate will support the bacterial strain engineering and testing section and will provide the highest standard of technical support in day-to-day activities of the research scientists: The work includes assisting with and independently conducting experiments including
- cloning and characterization (aerobic and anaerobic growth profiling; media preparation, testing production of heterologous compounds / proteins) of bacteria including E. coli and various gut microbes
- preparation and analysis of samples from gut microbiome studies
- quantitative assays of samples including ELISAs or similar
- documenting and managing experiments and our strain database using lab management software
In addition, the position requires routine lab duties such as media preparation, data documentation, and maintenance of microbial strains. The work will involve experiments with bacteria and microbiome samples in a GMO class 1 laboratory environment.
Our expectations of you
We expect that you are an experienced laboratory technician with several years of experience in the below mentioned areas:
- excellence in standard microbiology techniques and working in a GMO laboratory
- excellent skills in molecular biology (molecular cloning using modern techniques such as Gibson Assembly or USER cloning)
- expertise in performing quantitative assays such as ELISAs or enzyme assays
- great attention to detail and outstanding motivation
- excellent interpersonal, networking and communication skills required to work in a highly international research environment
- strong English written and oral language skills – working language is English
What we offer in return
We offer an interesting and challenging job in an international atmosphere with the focus on research, teaching, innovation and scientific advice for the benefit of the surrounding community. We place emphasis on a high level of professionalism among our staff, so skills development is an integral part of our organization. We offer a great flexibility in the position. In the area of technical and natural sciences, DTU is one of the leading research and education institutions in Europe.